Zack Jones, a graduate student in the Center for Sustainable Nanotechnology, gives diamonds to his study organism. But they’re nanodiamonds, not jewelry, and after the tiny worms eat them, Zack uses their fluorescent and magnetic properties to see where the material accumulates within the worm’s body. This episode of the Sustainable Nano Podcast talks about worms, defective diamonds, and how the combination of the two can provide information on environmental contamination.
To listen to this podcast episode, click here.
Want more podcast episodes? You can find them all on our podcast page, or you can subscribe through Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, or listen on NSF’s Science Zone Radio.
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
- Paige Kinsley: website, Twitter
- Zack Jones: website, Twitter
- 2020 MacArthur Fellows:
- Podcast ep 24. Using MRI technology to study nanoparticles
- Quantum sensing; quantum communication
- Wisconsin Science Festival
- The Center for Sustainable Nanotechnology
Interviewee: Zack Jones
Interviewer: Paige Kinsley
Producer/Host: Miriam Krause
Assistant Producer: Emma Bublitz
Music: PC III and Dexter Britain