It’s Mole Day! As we explained in our Mole Day post last year, Mole Day celebrates a fundamental unit of measurement in chemistry, the mole (Avogadro’s number, 6.02 x 1023).
We’ve also been celebrating both National Chemistry Week and #RealTimeChem Week this week. In case you missed any of the the festivities, here are some links you might enjoy:
- Our Sustainable Nano roundup of color-themed posts in honor of the National Chemistry Week theme “Chemistry Colors our World”
- More color chemistry in Enhancing Color: Quantum Dot Televisions
- @NSF_MPS, the National Science Foundation’s Math & Physical Sciences Twitter feed, has been posting color-themed images and links all week
- Compound Interest held a contest and chose the work of five working chemists to feature in special infographics for #RealTimeChem Week
- The Nanoscale Informal Science Education Network (NISEnet) has a great list of color-themed videos & activities