Dr. Mary Kirchhoff is Executive Vice President of Scientific Advancement at the American Chemical Society and Director of the ACS Green Chemistry Institute. Her career has spanned a variety of experiences related to sustainability in chemistry, including working with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s green chemistry program and co-editing a book on Greener Approaches to Undergraduate Chemistry Experiments. In this episode, Dr. Kirchhoff shares insights and examples on the importance of green chemistry with two graduate student interviewers from the Center for Sustainable Nanotechnology.
To listen to this episode of the podcast, click here.
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
- Mary Kirchhoff
- The Chemistry is Always Greener… by Mary Kirchhoff, 2011
- ACS Green Chemistry Institute
- Environmental Protection Agency green chemistry resources
- AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellowship
- Center for Sustainable Nanotechnology
Producer/Host: Miriam Krause
Editor: Alicia McGeachy