As the Director of the Great Lakes Genomics Center in the School of Freshwater Sciences at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Professor Rebecca Klaper researches emerging contaminants such as nanomaterials and pharmaceuticals and how they affect freshwater organisms. In this episode we interview Dr. Klaper about the future of emerging contaminants and how her work relates to the development of sustainable nanomaterials.
To listen to this podcast episode, click here.
Want more podcast episodes? You can find them all on our podcast page, or you can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
- Professor Rebecca Klaper
- EPA Scientist Weighs Emerging Contaminants
- About the National Exposure Research Laboratory (NERL)
- Environmental Defense Fund
- Our Stolen Future
- Using Gene Expression to Learn About Nanoparticle Toxicity
- Center for Sustainable Nanotechnology
Interviewee: Professor Rebecca Klaper
Interviewers: Natalie Hudson-Smith and Jaya Borgatta
Producer/Host: Miriam Krause