A lot has changed in the last 10-15 years about our hopes and fears around nanotechnology. Ira Bennett and Jameson Wetmore are professors in the Center for Nanotechnology in Society at Arizona State University, and on this episode of the Sustainable Nano podcast we interview them about the complexities of understanding the ethical and societal implications of brand new innovations like nanotechnology.
To listen to this episode, click here.
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
- Dr. Ira Bennett & Dr. Jamey Wetmore
- Arizona State University Center for Nanotechnology in Society
- National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure
- Sustainable Nano blog post: “How Perceived Fears May Influence Companies’ Labeling of Nanoparticles” by Ese Ehimiaghe
- The Federal Register (opportunities for public comment)
- New York Times article: “Scientists Bristle at Trump Budget’s Cuts to Research” by Henry Fountain & John Schwartz, March 16, 2017
- Inside Higher Ed article: “A ‘Repudiation’ of Trump Budget” by Andrew Kreighbaum, May 2, 2017
- Center for Sustainable Nanotechnology
Producer/Host: Miriam Krause