Dr. Hope Jahren is a geobiologist who studies fossil organisms and the global environment, and is also the New York Times-bestelling author of the memoir Lab Girl. In this episode of the podcast, we interview Dr. Jahren about communicating science with the public, the joys and challenges of writing academic articles, and her thoughts on sexism in science.
To listen to this episode, click here.
Want more podcast episodes? You can find them all on our podcast page, or you can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
- Dr. Jahren’s lab page and Twitter
- NPR interview – ‘Lab Girl’: An Homage To The Wonders Of All Things Green
- New York Times review – ‘Lab Girl,’ Hope Jahren’s Road Map to the Secret Life of Plants
- Time interview – Hope Jahren on Plants, Mud Manicures and Science’s Woman Problem
- Center for Sustainable Nanotechnology
Interviewee: Prof. Hope Jahren
Interviewer: Natalie Hudson-Smith
Producer/Host: Miriam Krause
Music: Ketsa, Kai Engel, & Evgeny Grinko