How are photons like toddlers? And what does that have to do with solar energy? Dr. Jillian Buriak has been researching nanomaterials and renewable energy for over a decade, including work to improve solar panel technology. In this first episode of the Sustainable Nano Podcast’s third season, we interview Dr. Buriak, who is a Professor of Chemistry at the University of Alberta and Canada Research Chair of Nanomaterials for Energy, about her research, career path, and even some advice for junior scientists.
To listen to this episode of the podcast, click here.
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
- Dr. Jillian Buriak: lab page and Twitter
- Canada Research Chair in Nanomaterials
- Covestro Lectureship
- Bau et al. Nickel/Iron Oxide Nanocrystals with a Nonequilibrium Phase: Controlling Size, Shape, and Composition. Chemistry of Materials 2014, 26 (16), 4796-4804. DOI: 10.1021/cm501881a
- Center for Sustainable Polymers
- Center for Sustainable Nanotechnology
Interviewee: Dr. Jillian Buriak
Producer/Host: Miriam Krause
Editor: Alicia McGeachy
Music: PC III